After a copius amount of research, initially sparked by the fall of Lucifer, the next three blogs (it’s to much to put in one and the topics are to varied) will prove insightful, factual, theoretical, logical, scientific and will, as promised, have you wondering, questioning, understanding varying perspectives and seeking answers you’ve never thought or been willing to ask. Having said that, I ask that you keep in mind I am simply some girl who believes questioning and seeking is the only way to find.
I will begin with the initial process of learning more about the fall of Lucifer. This will provide biblical facts as well as theories that have gone through my head in this process. I’ll bullet point to keep from writing a 6 hour blog 🙂
- Facts – Lucifer was created long before man. He was made perfect, unmatched beauty, a prince of heaven, loved by God. He walked in God’s Garden of Eden. He was made, from what I understand, with beauty of voice as well. He was tasked with teaching the creatures of earth, long before man, to live to their potential. A mountain of gold was made the same day he was. Lucifer was trusted by God, perfect, sinless, in complete harmony. He was also tasked with teaching Adam and Eve. Finally, he, as all are, was created with free will. His name meant the morning star.
- Fact – The only biblically stated fact as to his fall is this – “Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.” His iniquities are not named. All we know is God found them within him.
- Fact – Lucifer was made perfect and chose evil. God did not make him evil, he did not plant evil in his heart, Lucifer chose evil. All angels were made with free will just as we are. Lucifer, in fact, turned other angels against God and they left heaven with him.
- Fact – He was cast out of the presence of God and held no place but still had access to heaven.
- Fact – He was given charge of earth until the return of Christ so that man could understand his being cast out. The apostle Paul says you are that which you obey unto eternal life or eternal death. Evil is so man can learn from his mistakes but man has not so God patiently waits but the day will come when evil will be no more. (You can find all these in Ezekial, Genesis, John and a few other books of the Bible)
- Facts…for the most part – The king Tyres, some believe, was empowered by Satan or was Satan in human form due to inconsistencies. He was unlike other men and more like an angel. This is the thoughts of man under his rule. This is in the bible but still the opinion of man.
Theories, just theories about the iniquities of Lucifer that cast him out:
- He was here before man so when man was created and Lucifer saw the love God showed them he became angry because God did not love him more, after all, he had been around longer and loved God longer. In his anger he turned against God and man. Instead of teaching man to be good he intentionally steered him in the wrong direction. God’s heart broke and he gave him many chances to turn back but he did not.
- He fell in love with Eve and in the shadows loved her. Eve, feeling bad, goes to Adam who is not mature enough to love her the same way. This infuriated Lucifer so he changed his form and both of them fell out of God’s grace.
- Another world may have existed prior to our own. A place with people as the bible states Lucifer was cast down and turned to ashes in front of the kings who so admired him so they would see him for who he was. Yet we are introduced to him in the Bible after his fall, when he tempts eve in the Garden. There is no mention prior. Yet we are told he walked on jewels, through God’s Garden with no one but God. So all attention was lavished upon him. Yet outside the garden are millions of “God clones” and this is what angers him.
- He thought himself above humans yet God calls him to bow to Adam…in fact he calls all angels to do the same. This is when he says I am the same as God and will rule the heavens. He lacks humility but does not lack confidence in believing his abilities to be matched to God.
There is so much more I could write but that’s enough for tonight. Then next blog will be posted tomorrow and the 3rd Sunday. As always, comments and questions are welcome but please play nice.
Have a fantastic night or day depending where you are in the world 😉