M is for the Magic in a mothers kiss. It heals wounds, instant alleviates any ouchies, make smiles appear on the worst of days and promises a good nights sleep, monster free.
Mom Magic May 12, 2017
Happy Holidays 2016 December 14, 2016
2016 WHAT A GREAT YEAR!!!!
My older son said goodbye to Junior High and hello to High School. He’s in MUN (Model United Nations and is an academic competition in which students can learn about diplomacy, international relations, and the United Nations.) He’s taken up guitar and playing it beautifully. He’s doing well in school and an amazing young man….not a baby anymore but always my baby 😀
My younger son began his second year of junior high and is doing amazing. He has really developed his art techniques and I am always impressed with his work. The amount of detail is amazing. He also has his own you tube channel where he does speed art and live gaming streams.
I am doing amazing, loving life, loving work and loving my boys 😀 I’m a little behind on the blogging but it’s always floating around in my head just waiting to come out.
May you be blessed with family, friends and amazing start to 2017. Thanks for reading my brain splatter. From my heart and home to yours, HAPPY HOLIDAYS 😀
My Son Chose Me. Wow. November 30, 2016
Of all the people in the world he could have chosen, world leaders past and present, sports stars, teachers, humanitarians, presidents or any number of individuals my eldest son could have chosen as his hero, he chose me, his mom. If the only thing I receive this year is the paper my son wrote for his high school literature class on why, of all the people in the world, I’m his hero, it would be more than I could ever want or need. Wow. Amazed. Blessed. Loved. Wow. I had to share what he wrote with you so I scanned it below, hopefully you can can read it:
Time to end it all – are you in? July 8, 2016
This has to stop. All of it has to stop. I don’t know all the circumstances of the two gentleman that were shot by law enforcement, but, it appears those specific officers made some really bad calls and two people who shouldn’t have died did. My heart goes out to those families.
The individual or individuals who, in a moment of frustration and rage, chose to take the lives of 5 officers in Dallas had no right to do so. The two cases the gunman was angry about weren’t perpetrated in Texas. The officers he killed did not murder anyone. If this way of thinking continues, then law enforcement, angered by this gentleman’s actions, have a right to go out and randomly kill as well. When does it stop.
The DA and his assistant were murdered in Texas. No one held a rally on their behalf. No one went out and started shooting strangers because of it. Officers are shot every day. Officers are ambushed every day. Officers put themselves in harms way every day. Officers help people every day. When you need them because you are in danger, they come.
I am not saying every officer does what is right. I’m not saying corruption is not present within police departments. It would be ludicrous to even make such a statement. What I am saying is the majority of officers do what they do because they want to help, they want to make this world safer, they want to protect and serve.
I understand frustrations. However, killing at random because someone is wearing a uniform is wrong. Holding in contempt every officer out there because of a few who are making poor decisions is wrong. If justice is your goal and I can’t say that I believe it always is, then act justly. Blame those making the bad decisions not those who have nothing to do with them.
I have friends who are officers, who are amazing individuals and I would be devastated if something happened to them because they have families like you, kids who love them just like you, homes like you, friends like you and are human like you.
When is enough, enough. When do we say enough people have lost eyes in this “eye for eye” world we live in. When do we react with as much anger and passion when an officer is killed for no reason as we do when someone else is. When do we stop complaining and acting irrationally and begin making a change through reasonable thinking and kindness. This world doesn’t need more violence, it needs more peaceful solutions based in kindness not hate.
Let’s be the change this world so desperately needs. Are you in?
Screwtape Part One of Three July 6, 2016
I will be taking a few weeks to summarize thoughts on the Screwtape Letters as my reading group and I discuss the book. With that in mind…..
I should like to have begun this blog with a full summation of letters 1 – 10 but didn’t get an opportunity to write / sum up as I normally would so below are brief thoughts from week one as we are now headed into week two.
- It would appear Screwtape calls his nephew more to diverting the attention of his human than changing the mind of his human. Should Wormwood’s human begin to argue or ponder on a point for to long it could lose Wormwood the soul but if he just forgets about it due to something like a bout of hunger, he’s likely to move forward with no further thought neither side wins but neither side loses either. The human is left in a place of complacency.
- The human is lost to the enemy but Wood is told not to fret, this is a temporary flirtation that is easily changed. Screwtape wants Wormwood to get his human to focus on specific Christians rather than the faith as a whole. Something we all easily fall prey to. We can without thought turn who Christ is into a person rather than allowing Christ to help us see as person as he does. That sense of I’m better than _________ rather than I’m no better than____________. We all struggle with different things and can therefore really not count ourselves better than another. The enemy can easily make our perspective our worst enemy. It can cause us to close off relationships, turn people away because we fell superior to them when it’s simply a matter of our perception being dramatically skewed by past opinion, past behavior, the past as a whole. Many people change inside but our thoughts won’t allow us to see that.
- Screwtape encourages Wormwood to “egg the mother and son on to believe annoyances are deliberate”. Screwtape also encourages Wormwood to draw to mind the better, older brother in the prodigal son story. The perfect child, always there, never doing wrong, that’s the child to love while this “other child” deserves no love because they had and lost deliberately” so they ought no be around.
- Screwtape helps Wormwood understand the difference in ignoring a thought and receiving a thought. We oftentimes think the devil puts evil thoughts into our minds and he may but it would appear Screwtape believes it more important to keep thought out of our minds rather than replacing thoughts in our mind. Screwtape also encourages Wormwood to confuse thought. Rather than actually thinking about God while praying to God we think of ourselves. Think about your time of prayer and how much of it focuses on God and how much focuses on what you want to be able to do or overcome. Brief example: “God, thank you for your strength” God, thank you that I am strong” – Are they the same prayer with the same focus? I would say they are not.
- Christianity calls us to reason and rationality while the enemy calls us to worry about that which is not but may be. As war is used as an example, the patient, as he is called begins to worry about all the what ifs, no rationality just a mind running in circles contemplating that which is not and may very well never be so decisions are based on the current mindset.
- Screwtape is teaching wormwood to allow the patient to focus not on sin but the object of the sin. For example, lust is a sin so to keep us from focusing on the sin itself we focus on the man or woman we are lusting after rather than the act of lust itself. Charity, kindness, benevolence are all great things but rather than allowing the patient to focus on the act of kindness thoughts are turned to how wonderful the person offering the charity or kindness is rather than focusing on the actual kindness and who it’s being done for.
- Screwtape helps Wormwood understand the patient not believing in anything, God or the Devil, is actually beneficial. Great atrocities have been incited by those who don’t believe in God or the Devil. Evil is more successful when atrocities are not committed in it’s name but in the name of the greater good as understood by those committing those things others would see as nefarious.
Screwtape Letters June 24, 2016
The Screwtape letters, a great book by C.S. Lewis, about Screwtape, an older demon, giving advice to Wormwood, a younger demon charged with winning a soul. I have read this book many times and am excited to be facilitating a three week online reading group about this book. I am anticipating some great discussions as we go through this book together. As always, I like to open up these groups to anyone, anywhere that is interested.
- Dates – Tuesday, June 28, Tuesday, July 5, Tuesday, July 12
- Time – 6:30pm
- Where – Online
- When to read what: Week one chapters 1 – 10, Week two chapters 11 – 20, Week three chapters 21 – 31.
- What you need – A hard copy of download of the book “The Screwtape Letters” by C.S. Lewis and a desire to discuss it 😀
- If you’re interested – Contact me, Ginger, at firstname.lastname@example.org
I would love to have you be a part of what is sure to be riveting discussions.
Thanks for reading my brain splatter and have a great day!!
Happy Father’s Day June 17, 2016
This father’s day marks three years since my father went home to be with his Father. I suppose I’m the luckiest girl alive to have my dad and my heavenly father both looking down on me and I can only hope I make them both proud with who I am and continue to become. Of course, I still miss him and as I did the past two years I’ll curl up with his favorite shirt and watch Clint Eastwood movies all day in his honor 😀